Friday, October 12, 2007

Manny being Manny...

So we're in the second inning of the ALCS. Manny Ramirez - who drives me nuts - is having a grat game so far. RBI single in the first, great catch to end the top of the 2nd.

They showed his stats with Cleveland and with the Sox - almost the same # of games (a few less with Boston) and the stats are almost identical!!! Is he the most consistent hitter ever?

I really don't get Tito Francona starting Kielty for Drew. I'm no JD Drew fan - I'm not sure after this season one can be a Sox fan AND a Drew fan! - but Kielty's success against Sabathia is old news and Drew has been hot since early September, batting .367 with an OBP of .467 and SLG of .673 over the last 30 days according to the Sox web site.

Tito stuck with Drew all year and benches him now? Of course, it's easy for me to write now - I started this post when Kielty was on deck and then he struck out...

No comments: